I write a lot about praise and worship because I’m a big believer that our blessings lie in how much time we spend with God, praising Him for all He’s done and continues to do in our lives.
When I talk about blessings, I’m not just talking about possessions…I’m talking about relationship blessings. The blessing of speaking with and hearing the voice of God each and every day…all day if I want to. Now that’s a blessing.
Below is a list of ways you can start to develop your own praise and worship time with God.
5 Ways to Praise & Worship God
- Praise Him by lifting your hands – I love to surrender it all to God. By lifting your hands you are inviting Him into your life and turning it all over to Him. Life up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord. – Psalm 134:2
- Speaking words of Praise – Thanking God daily is speaking praise unto Him. Therefore by Him let us continually offer sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. – Hebrews 13:15
- Praise Him with dancing and instruments – Let them praise His name with the dance; let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp. – Psalm 149:3
- Singing forth praise – I have always felt a pull to praise and worship music even though I cannot hold a note musically. It lifts me up and fills my spirit. The moment I begin singing His praises, I feel His Spirit and the overflow of His love and peace covering me. Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to God: for it is; pleasant, and praise is beautiful! – Psalm 147:1
- Praise Him in fellowship with other believers – Corporate worship is a way to fellowship and praise God. To be in a room of Believers is a powerful thing. I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You. – Hebrews 2:12
What is your favorite way to praise the Lord?
May Your Steps Fulfill Their Purpose.