So excited to be reading Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. I’d been praying about moving into a deeper place in my relationship with Christ and ordered this book and two others. Once I received them all it hit me that all three books were on prayer. There it was, my answer from Lord on how I was to move into that deeper personal relationship I was longing to be in with Him.
I devote my mornings to prayer so I know He wasn’t telling me to pray more. This was about spiritual growth and a calling about the purpose steps He has for me as a prayer warrior.
So far, the book is great. In it she shares 10 strategies on praying or as Priscilla says “this means war”.
- Strategy 1 – Your Passion – Getting It Back When It’s Gone
- Strategy 2 – Your Focus – Fighting The Real Enemy
- Strategy 3 – Your Identity – Remembering Who You Are
- Strategy 4 – Your Family – Fortifying The Lives Of Those You Love
- Strategy 5 – Your Past – Ending The Reign Of Guilt, Shame and Regret
- Strategy 6 – Your Fears – Confronting Your Worries, Claiming Your Calling
- Strategy 7 – Your Purity – Staying Strong In Your Most Susceptible Places
- Strategy 8 – Your Pressure – Reclaiming Peaching, Rest, and Contentment
- Strategy 9 – Your Hurts – Turning Bitterness To Forgiveness
- Strategy 10 – Your Relationships – Uniting In A common Cause
How about you, are you longing to be in a deeper personal relationship with Christ? Have you asked Him about it and how you get there? One thing I know, if you ask He will surely tell you.
About Priscilla Shirer
Priscilla Shirer is a wife and a mom first. But put a Bible in her hand and a message in her heart and you’ll see why thousands flock to her conferences and dive into her Bible study series’ each year.
Priscilla has published numerous books including Discerning the Voice of God, God is Able, and two New York Times Bestsellers – The Resolution for Women and Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan for Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer.
Priscilla has been married to Jerry for 17 years. Between studying and writing, she spends most of her time cleaning up after (and trying to satisfy the appetites of) their three growing boys – Jackson, Jerry Jr. and Jude.