Hello MER Community!
You are invited to join me for the new MER Bible Study Group. We will start with the illumination of the Holy Spirit in the Book of Acts. Why the Book of Acts? When I asked the Holy Spirit how he wanted me to do this, he said I want you to start from the beginning. WOW! I knew immediately what he wanted me to do.
The Book of Acts is the same for the New Testament as the Book of Genesis is for the Old Testament. The word genesis means origin or beginning and the Book of Genesis is a book of beginnings. It sets forth the foundation of the Creation of the earth and man, and life thereon. The book gives an account of the Fall of Adam and Eve and the introduction of sin into the earth. We learn about the origin of the family of Israel and the establishment of covenants between God and man. We clearly see God at work and how He plans to work with us through His anointed.
Although the Book of Acts is the fifth book of the New Testament, it really should be the first. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John summarize the work of Jesus (the man) but the work of Christ (the resurrected deity) starts with his ascension. Jesus said, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil” (Matthew 5:17 KJV). To fulfil means to bring to completion, to achieve or realize, to meet the requirements of something old so something new can begin. The Book of Acts is a book about the beginnings of a new creation, that’s you and me. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new” (2 Corinthian’s 5:17).
The Book of Acts introduces us to the supernatural acts of Believers. When we give our life to Christ, we are not “born again” but “born from above”, which is the original Greek translation. We are no longer a human being having a spiritual experience, we are now a spiritual being having a human experience but we struggle with the transition from the old to the new. The word acts means to take action or behave in a specified way.
The book sets forth the foundation of the creation of the Way (which is the new church) and introduces us to the Holy Spirit (the new counselor). We have our first encounter with grace (which replaces the law) and we see the power of the supernatural at work. In Acts, we see the disciples transition from students to teachers, from followers to leaders, from disciples to apostles, from Believers to supernatural beings, and they “act” accordingly. In this book, we clearly see the Holy Spirit at work and how he plans to work with us through His anointed. WE ARE HIS ANOINTED!
DATE AND TIME – Beginning Saturday, December 5th and the 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month, from 7:30AM – 9:00AM PST, our new Bible Study Class will be live via ZOOM.
ENROLLMENT – To enroll, please go to: https://maryestherruth.com/mer-bible-study/ . This is where you will find any resources and notes we use as was well as the link for ZOOM.
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT – Yes, you need to get started on your homework assignment.
- Resources Needed – Get your Bible, pen, notebook and dictionary out.
- Prayer – Before you study, put your hand on your Bible and pray this prayer.
- Dear Father, I know this Word is alive because I serve a Living God, The Most High God. As I study this Living Word, give me the revelation, understanding, clarity, knowledge and wisdom I need to walk in Your Will for my life. Your Word says, if I lack wisdom that I can ask You for it and You will give it to me “liberally” and not hold it against me. I’m asking you right now for the wisdom I need to understand Your Word and the direction and purpose you have for me. I pray that Your Word penetrates through every fiber of my being, mind, body, soul and spirit, down to the marrow of my bones, that I may call on the Word of The Most High God at any time, day or night. Amen.
- Read Chapter One of the Books of Acts – It’s not a long chapter so please read it and be prepared.
- Revelation – Make note of what the Holy Spirit reveals to you.
I can’t tell you how excited I am about sharing this word with you. If you are reading the Bible and you don’t receive any revelation, then it is “not” the Word of God, and that’s about to change!
Look forward to seeing you there bright and early!