I so enjoy the teachings of Pastor Steven Furtick at Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina; so today, I want to share a little bit about a series he’s been teaching titled Work Your Window. He’s been teaching the series for 5 weeks now and its just crazy powerful!
Get, Take, Open, Shoot, Strike, Never Stop – Pastor Furtick uses II Kings 13:14-20 as the foundation for the message.
Summary – When Elisha is about to die, King Jehoash comes to see him because he knows he will no longer have the anointing of Elisha for guidance and strategies. King Jehoash is about to fight Aram. Elisha tells Jehoash to get a bow and arrow and then Elisha tells Jehoash to open the east window and face Aram. He then tells King Jehoash to strick the ground five or six times and fire. But King Jehoash stikes only three times and then he shots the arrows and Elisha gets upset. He tells King Jehoash he should’ve struck the ground five or six times. Now, he’ll only strike the Arameans down three times and will not win. Elisha dies.
Work Your Window The Series Outline
- Week One – The Power of Precision
- First, view the victory. As Christians we do not fight “for” victory, we fight from a “stance” of victory. You must see it to see it and have success over it!
- Second, focus the fight. By telling him which window to open he was signifying which battle he need to focus on. God, show me where to shoot!
- Third, determine the decision. Decide that you are going to keep going and WIN!
- Week Two – The Power of Pre
- First, the post. Being prepared is not valued in our culture today. God is a God of preparation. You’ve been asking him to “send it” and He’s been asking you to “form it” so He can fill it.
- Second, the point. Don’t expect your class training to look like your calling. Don’t expect your preparation to look like your promise…Love this!
- Third, the plow. The work is meant to build you up and show you how to handle pressure. God doesn’t need you to be perfect, he just needs you to make progress…WOW!
- Forth, the promotion. If you plow He will promote you!
- Week Three – The Power of Potential
- First, potential is predictable. The pain of falling short is nothing compared to the shame of “stopping short”.
- Second, potential is limited. Potential is related to purpose.
- Third, potential has potential. Forgetting what’s behind and straining towards what’s ahead.
- Fourth, process reveals potential.
- Week Four – The Power of Provision
- God open my eyes so I can see the miracle in progress…He may not change your situation, so He will take off your “lens of limitations” so you can see through the “lens of His provision”…WOW!
- Week Five – The Power of Pull
- Week five was just crazy. I didn’t see this coming after four weeks but the “power of the pull” and his demonstration with a bow an arrow was so on point. You just have to watch!
I hope you will take the time to listen to all five weeks. They build on one another and week five is worth the wait.
May Your Steps Fulfill Their Purpose.
- Week One Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUJER0hKKq0
- Week Two Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMQaPURxZ4
- Week Three Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPPusuDA5t8
- Week Four Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOIugmmc6A
- Week Five Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCz6nUQOdGs